Thursday 9 July 2015

1987 Shigeru Miyamoto "Legend of Zelda"

This takes me back to when I went to my Nan’s house as a child (On my mother’s side just if you are curious). I loved being there for 2 reasons:
1- She had Austar.
2- She had a SNES and of her collections of games there was Legend of Zelda.
I loved that SNES. But how did someone make three triangles so god damn cool? This game felt more rewarding to me than anything else because of the castle puzzles and receiving new items and I felt like I'd actually been rewarded for the effort I put in to the game but it was also the first time I’d felt this. And the music. They did so much with so little, and since then the music throughout the franchise has always been grand putting us in that feeling of adventure. Legend of Zelda is awesome. Thanks Nan.

No comments:

Post a Comment